Derivatix monthly report: Month 17 – as of Jan. 31, 2017
2. Among all market indices, NASDAQ is now the leader in 2017, making more than 5% growth only in January (almost in line with its entire growth in 2016!). Other indices made moderate move in this month; S&P500 and Dow Jones grew 1.8% and 0.4% respectively.
4. It is worth to mention that, even though the US market is growing at a very good rate, it is not wise to consider it a safe ride and jump on this horse at this stage or leave your current positions unprotected. Normally when the market goes up and makes new highs, the typical investors feel safe and the fear fades away from the face of the market. In such a fearless environment, Volatility indices (i.e. VIX) tend to show a very low value. Please note, it is NOT happening right now…
5. While the overall market is making new historical highs, the VIX is not at its absolute low. Therefore, the investors need to be vigilant and protect their investment for any possible correction in the market. This is where the “Options” can play an effective role in hedging and portfolio management. They serve as an insurance to protect the value of your assets if the market moves against you. (I can’t elaborate more here, yet if you are interested to learn about the Options concept in risk management, you may attend the upcoming webinars/info session which will be announced here soon.)
6. 2017 is officially our third year of operation. Derivatix is progressing toward a more professional and established fund on a very steadily growth rate. We have already started a new round of fund raising for the second quarter of 2017. We welcome all potential investors all around the world to join this fund and enjoy their capital growth under our innovative trading and risk management methodology.
7. Don’t hesitate to contact us for more info. Meanwhile, please keep enjoying the fairly mild weather in current winter!